OMD, MS, LA.c: Senior Acupuncturist / Chinese Herbal Medicine Physician Senior Clinic Supervisor
Dr. Leaf Song graduated from the prestigious college, China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing. She holds both Master and Bachelor degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Leaf started her clinic practice in 1982 at Longyou Hospital in China as an Acupuncturist and Chinese Herbal Physician, seeing an average of 50 patients daily. She was recognized as an expert in the field, and was an active member of the China Society for Acupuncture, Society for Traditional Chinese Medicine, China Medical Society, and Society for Integration of Traditional Medicine & Western Medicine.
Leaf has published more than ten papers and book chapters about Chinese Medicine in pioneer journals of Traditional Chinese Medicine. For her distinguished achievement in the study of Chinese Medicine, Leaf received the prestigious Hu Shi-Xi award from the China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 1997. Her studies in late 80’s on the physical properties of human body and the physical properties of Obesity in Chinese Medicine earned her the 1994 Advanced technology Award (China Academy of Traditional Medicine), the first prize award in the first International Meeting of Human Science in 1995, 2004 Science and Technology Award (China Administration of Establishment of Schools) and 2005 Science and Technology Award (China Administration of Establishment of Schools).
Selected Publications of Leaf Song (Ye, J)
- Ye, J. (Song, L.Y.) & Wang, Q. (1989) Treatment of human male diseases with traditional medicine. Shanghai Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 12:251-5
- Ye, J. (Song, L.Y.) & Wang, Q. (1989) Human male diseases in traditional medicine. Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine 9:561-5
- Ye, J. (Song, L.Y.) & Wang, Q. (1990) The theory about physical properties in traditional medicine. China Medical Encyclopaedia, Beijing 3:875-9
- Ye, J. (Song, L.Y.), Qian, Y-F, & Wang, Q. Eds., Physical properties. Science Press, Beijing, China, 1991
- Ye, J. (Song, L.Y.) & Wang, Q. (1991) The physical properties of obesity. Journal of Chinese Medicine 1:15-21
- Wang, Q. & Ye, J. (Song, L.Y.) (1993) Classifications of obesity in Chinese Medicine. Selected works of Wang Qi. Q. Wang, ed., China encyclopaedia press, Beijing, P 69-75
- Wang, Q., Shou, X-M., Ye, J. (Song, L.Y.), & Lu, B. (1993) Physical properties in Chinese Medicine. Selected works of Wang Qi. Q. Wang, ed., China encyclopaedia press, Beijing, 93-100, 1993